Call for Manuscripts
(you can also view this Call for manuscripts as a downloadable .pdf)
Gods&Radicals Press is currently open to manuscripts to complete our 2019 print publishing schedule.
What we’re looking for:
We’re particularly interested in helping to develop and print non-fiction works of political and philosophical theory, works of occult or witch resistance, introductory radical pagan texts, handbooks for practical world-building, and leftist and post-leftist meditations on the anthropocene and what can come from the ruins of Empire.
Topics which particularly interest us:
- Manuals for de-civilization, de-colonization, and de-industrialization.
- Permaculture and salvage-culture.
- Post-colonial and anti-colonial reconstructions of lost or suppressed spiritual traditions.
- Ancestral recovery and re-connection
- Land recovery and re-connection
- Compelling handbooks for magical practice from an anti-capitalist framework.
We are not currently looking for poetry, channeled works, memoirs, or fiction.
Gods&Radicals Press is a non-profit anti-capitalist publisher. We sell the majority of our books directly to readers in order to ensure the highest royalty possible for authors. We pay royalties of 50% post-cost revenue on print and digital works we publish; the other half is retained by Gods&Radicals Press to develop future publishing projects.
Gods&Radicals Press is committed to developing, publishing, and supporting under-represented voices. We are particularly eager to consider works from people from oppressed communities and voices from outside the United States.
To submit a completed manuscript, email editor [at] godsandradicals.org with the following information:
- Your name and the name of the work.
- A bio describing your previous writing experience and/or your experience in the related topic of your work
- A brief outline and the first 10 pages of your manuscript in .odt or .docx format only.
- Include the word MANUSCRIPT in the subject line of your email
- Please also let us know whether you have submitted the work elsewhere.